Our mobile infrared spectroscopy sensors measure contaminant coverage, type, and depth to a thousandth of an inch and also record air and surface temperatures. SafeScan converts this data into user-friendly, color-coded reports that allow quick and easy interpretation.
Runway condition codes are reported for each 1/3 of the entire runway length, using standard TALPA nomenclature: 0-6. All reports include recommended treatment options to prevent friction-related events—e.g., overruns, hydroplaning.
- Can cover the entire length of runway, not just the “used” portion reported by PIREPS
- Can encompass all surfaces areas – runways, turnoffs, taxiways, ramps, aprons, plus landside surfaces like roads and parking
- Measurements are presented in an output that enables both manual and automated uploading of FICON reports
- Data is available via SafeScan reports and/or through existing reporting systems
- Provides real-time display to airport personnel on any device
- Users can set up alerts to receive notifications when a RwyCC below a certain threshold is reported; users can set the relevant threshold and specify e-mail, SMS, or both as the delivery mechanism
- Certified compliant to AC 150/5200-30D (Sec.3.3.2) provision, which requires mobile sensors to meet performance standards of SAE ARP 5623
- Sensors do not put additional stress on host vehicles
More on the solution